A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

My Fourth Fledgeling


It's bittersweet when my little birdies leave the nest.


I mean, he's not little, exactly.  He's taller than me.

But it's a really big world out there, and sending him off into it is hard.  Especially when I won't be able to just pick up the phone and text him or call him any time I want.  For the next 13 weeks, he belongs exclusively to the Marine Corps.


He's my Sammers.  He makes me laugh like nobody else.

He also makes me a little bit crazy like nobody else.  We're cleaning out his room to prepare it for the next occupant, and Paul found a partially eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich.


Boot camp is going to change him.  He'll learn and grow and mature.  But he'll always be my baby.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! #4! That's a big deal. Wishing him a truly growing, good experience for the next 13 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I have other kids at home to distract me. It will be really hard when the last one leaves.

      Delete
  2. What nice pictures! I hope the transition goes smoothly... for everyone.
    #MMBH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm missing him, but I know he's where he has wanted to be for a long time. I can't wait to see him in April!

      Delete