A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Happy Birthday, Hannah!


Hard to believe my baby girl is 9!  And yes, she's my baby, too.  They're all my babies.


We had Panda Express for birthday dinner.  Hannah usually uses the "cheater chopsticks" but now that she's a big 9 year old, I had her try regular chopsticks.  She did pretty good for a few bites, and then switched to a fork.


She can read her own fortune cookies, and has quite a sense of humor.


Year of the Baby, sequel to Year of the Book from Buddy & Grandpa Gino in Nevada.


Katie Woo's Big Idea Journal.  She likes drawing and writing in her sketch pad, so I thought she might like this book full of questions, writing prompts, spaces to doodle, etc.  We'll have to check out the other books in the Katie Woo series.  Looks like there's a bunch of them!


Legos!  Girly ones!  This was Daddy's idea, and suddenly Jack and Eli want to play with her more than usual, lol.


Connect 4, also from Buddy & Grandpa Gino.  We used to have one, but after years of use, it got destroyed.


We ran out of candles!  So she's pretending to blow for the picture.


Mmm, cake & ice cream!


And now for a series of


random family member shots


while they're all


just trying to

enjoy their cake!


A good time was had by all, and the birthday girl is happy.  I've been wanting to take some new pictures of her.  One of these days, we'll get to the park with the big camera.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! What a lovely cake. I am glad I am not the only one that runs out of candles.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul assumed that we had candles. I probably would have gone with a # candle if I'd been the one shopping. We came up with 2 #3 candles, but that wasn't much help, lol.

      Delete