A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

A Tool For Learning Times Tables



Teaching your kids the times tables can be a bit of a chore.  I remember being in Mrs. Perez's third grade class and always being a couple numbers behind the speedy kids on the drill sheets we had to do every morning.


One of my kids leans heavily on a printed multiplication chart, so I was intrigued at the prospect of reviewing Multi-bandz.


Each colorful, silicone band has one of the multiplication fact families featured on it.  There's no rubbery smell to these, since they're not made of rubber.  And, the 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 bands glow in the dark!


If a child is learning a particular fact family, they can wear that bracelet.  For example, a child learning the sixes would wear the yellow bracelet.  Once they master the sixes, they can trade the yellow bracelet in for the purple one and start working on their sevens.  The final band, the twelves, is gold!  You can tell your student to "Go for the gold!"


The bands are small and discrete, and could be worn more than one at a time.

In addition to being a fun way to introduce multiplication to kids just learning, Multi-bandz would be a good tool for an older child who simply can't remember their times tables.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

9 comments:

  1. We are wading into the multiplication facts just now...this may be a fun thing to include and I never heard of them before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen them before the review opportunity came up, either. I hope they take off. Times tables can be the bane of kids' existence some school years.

      Delete
  2. What a great product. I love your new header.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Dawn! The old one was more than a year out of date, and I was ready for something different. You're the first person to mention it. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, these are so cool! I have never heard of them before... totally getting them for my third grader! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are so cool! I have never heard of them before... totally getting them for my third grader! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they'll be a help to you! :) Stay tuned; I have another review the first week of next month that will also help with multiplication. ;)

      Delete
  5. What a cute idea! I have never heard of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either. When I saw them, I thought, "I would have *loved* having a set of these when I was in 3rd grade!"

      Delete