A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Wonder of You - book review


You know why I don't like Susan May Warren books?  They make me cry.  Not, "Aw, happily ever after" tears, either.  The characters in her stories are so real, so human, with struggles just like mine.  Take, for example, the newest book in the Christiansen series, The Wonder of You.  Several passages held little nuggets of wisdom, such as when Roark tells Amelia, "It's not about how you feel.  It's about what you do."  Or when Jace tells Max (from When I Fall in Love), "Stop trying so hard not to be happy, and start trusting the life God is giving you.  It just might knock your socks off."

The downside of tears is quickly surpassed by getting totally engrossed in the plot and characters.  I really do become absorbed Susan's stories, even when they make me cry.  This book even mentions adoption, which, as you know, is near and dear to my heart.

The Wonder of You picks up where Always on my Mind leaves off.  Amelia is home from Europe, broken hearted.  Roark follows her to try and patch things up, but he's keeping a secret from her.  A big secret.  And then there's Seth, the boy Amelia dated all through high school.  The man that makes sense for her to settle down with.

I don't want to spoil the plot for you because you'll want to read it yourself.  In fact, you'll want to read all of them, starting with Take a Chance on Me.  I have really enjoyed all Susan's books that I've reviewed so far.  One of the things I like best about them is that we get to check in on the characters from previous books and see how they're doing.

You can connect with Susan May Warren at her website.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment