A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Koru Naturals Hair & Skin Care


This review has been such a treat!  A few years back, I was convicted to start thinking about the chemicals in my hair products.  I changed from whatever was cheapest to really seeking out shampoos and conditioners without sulfates.

It wasn't easy, there aren't nearly as many more natural options, and often you have to really go out of your way to find them.  Which is why I was so excited about reviewing the Manuka Oil and Manuka Honey Shampoo & Conditioner from Koru Naturals.  They contain no sulfates or parabens.

Koru Naturals Review

With the word "honey" in the title, I expected the shampoo and conditioner to have more of a honey or vanilla-like fragrance to them.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover they have a peppy, fresh mint scent that helps wake me up in the morning.  I've been using them both for about 6 weeks now, and I'm pleased with how soft and manageable my hair is.


This picture was taken after washing and conditioning with the Manuka Oil and Manuka Honey products, then leaving my hair in a braid for 24 hours.

You can purchase the shampoo and conditioner as a pair for $14.95.  They are also available individually.

Koru Naturals Review

We also received Pure Emu Oil from Koru Naturals.  Now, honestly, when I heard we were getting Emu Oil, I thought it must be an acronym for a blend.  You know, E-something, M-something, U-something oils.  Or maybe an oil derived from feather shafts or something.  I didn't realize until after I'd been using it and decided to research it, that I was rubbing refined bird fat on my legs.

Wait, what??

Really.  It turns out that emu oil (unlike baby oil) really is what it sounds like.  It's a by product of the emu meat industry.  Which is bigger in Australia than it is here, of course.  If you can get past the squeamishness, it's a rather nice oil, actually.

Emu oil can be used in many ways, but I like it best as a body oil after shaving my legs.  It's a little lotion-y, absorbs well, and doesn't leave a greasy residue like my previous body oil did.  I smooth it on my legs after my shower, and rub the extra on my elbows.  You know how when you're not getting enough water, your elbows get dry?  This helps with that.

Emu oil can also be used as a hair moisturizer.  I've been using argan oil in my hair for over a year now, and the emu oil gives similar results.

The 2 ounce bottle we received sells for $9.95.  It's available in 4 ounce and 8 ounce sizes, as well.


You can connect with Koru Naturals on Facebook or Pinterest.  Be sure to check out all their great products on their website.

In addition to the shampoo & conditioner and emu oil we received, other members of the Schoolhouse Review Crew reviewed Koru Naturals' Pure and Simple New Zealand Lanolin Creme, the Pure Lanolin Lip Balms, or the Koolpurrie Restoring Balm.  You can read their reviews by clicking the box below:
Koru Naturals Review

Crew Disclaimer

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment