A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Jonah and the Bear


We got to review a sweet little story, Jonah and the Bear, by Frank Fraser.  This is one of two books so far in a series called The Bible Amigos.


If you take the Carpet from Aladdin, turn it into a book, and fly it into a cross between a Dora episode and The Magic Tree House books, you have a pretty good idea of this book.


The illustrations are primitive but amusing in this full color, hardcover book.  The story is about obeying God and sharing.


The book is aimed at children aged 3-7.  My reviewers are 4 and 7, and Hannah laughed at the rhyme, "So you're a bear that won't share, in a boat that won't float?"


Jonah and the Bear is published by Barbour Publishing, who also publish the Diary of a Real Payne books, one of which we reviewed last year.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. "If you take the Carpet from Aladdin, turn it into a book, and fly it into a cross between a Dora episode and The Magic Tree House books, you have a pretty good idea of this book." What a hilarious description! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I was listening to her read while I took the pictures, and I was thinking, "This reminds me of Dora." Then, "This reminds me of Aladdin," then, "It's actually kind of like MTH, too." LOL

      Delete