A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Art Project: Bottle Cap Buggies



A couple years ago, I bought a pack of Bottle Caps. I used them to make a few necklaces, and a hair bow for Hannah.

The bow has an H sticker in the middle of the bottlecap.

I recently spotted something in passing on Pinterest that inspired me to get the bottlecaps out again.


A little paint, some added creative touches...


I gave the kids free reign on this one, and Brianna pulled out the rhinestones and pipe cleaners.


Eli's bee has tissue wings and a toothpick stinger.


My bee and ladybug are about to get eaten by Breezy's very scary spider.


Yikes!

I'm planning to dig up some magnets so we can put the bugs on the fridge.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the toothpick bee stinger!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're pretty creative when I let them do their own thing. :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I'll come check it out. :)

      Delete
  3. Okay, this is too creative for me. I would never even think of buying bottle caps. Really. These are so super adorable! Thanks so much for sharing this great craft! Pinning to a community craft board for kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! BTW, I'm so glad you recommended the Gannon & Wyatt books. :) We're really enjoying them.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I don't have anything crafty to share this week, but I'll try to remember to come by next week to link up our water beads.

      Delete