A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

B-Daman Crossfire Break Bomber Battlefield Set


We received B-Daman Crossfire Break Bomber Battlefield Set from Chatterbox, a division of House Party, for review.   


In the words of my kids, "Toys are way better to review than math!"  


Eli, age 12, and Jack, age 9, were pretty excited about this set.


They haven't seen the TV show that the figures come from, but that didn't stop them from wanting to launch projectiles at each other.  


It didn't take long to set up.


I know I'm not supposed to say the little warrior guys are "cute," but, well, they kind of are.  


The girls were wildly curious about what the boys were doing, of course.


Even the Big Boys (J&S) were interested enough to offer building advice.


Pretty soon it was time to play.


The game consists mainly of shooting, gathering marbles, and shooting some more.  


You're trying to get the red blocks onto your opponent's side of the battlefield.


The boys had fun with this set.  


In fact, as I type this, they're downstairs STILL having fun with it.  I believe they're letting Hannah play now, too, from the sounds of things:  "I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! I won! I won!" being squealed in her little voice.


Any game that makes joyful shouts and laughter echo through the house makes me happy.


Eli really gets into his role.  


I tried to scan the enclosed scan code, but my iPad couldn't read it (neither could Josiah's Nintendo-thingie).  So I entered the code in at the http://bdamanbattles.com/ website instead.


Unfortunately, I while I could set up an account on the site using my iPad, the lack of flash player kept me from playing online using the iPad.


I'll let the kids mess around with the codes on the desktop computer later.  


I'm giving the kids one of the plastic shoe boxes in the school room to keep all the pieces to the set in, so they stay together.


As you can see, Sam got sucked into playing, too.  


And this?  This is Jack's victory dance, when he beat Sam in the round above.  

I'd say this toy gets several thumbs up in our house.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!  Thanks for clicking for us!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment