A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bri Knits


I'm proud of this girl.  

She needed cash for incidentals at camp, and she decided to knit and sell tea toters to raise her own money.  


A tea toter is a cute little knit pouch that holds and protects your teabags in your purse or backpack.  

This is amazing to me because I don't knit.  There's something humbling about having your children surpass your abilities.  

I sew.  I used to sew a ton.  In fact, there was a time when more than half of my laundry at any given point was clothing I had made for my family.  But I don't knit.  

Brianna learned the basics of knitting from a class at our now defunct homeschool co op.  And now she's a Ravelry addict that knows how to read patterns and makes beautiful projects.  

It's exciting to see them pursue their own interests, isn't it?  


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!  Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment