A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Travel Day


I think I mentioned yesterday that Luke crashed out in the stroller after our big afternoon?  See my yellow bag of leftovers in the background?  That ended up being today's lunch.  


Trying out a different carrier this morning on the way down to the breakfast buffet.  I wanted to test it before I decided which to use for the airport.  


Remember how I said I've been waking up at 4 every morning?  Yeah, still happening.  I was hoping I could catch a snooze before the 11:45 bellboy would call for our luggage and we'd check out and head to the airport.  No such luck.  Today was window washing day on our side of the hotel.  When they started (above us) I thought it was raining, as they spray the soap off, and gravity being what it is, all these drops of water were falling.  But I looked down an the tennis court wasn't wet, and no one was pulling in their laundry across the way.  


This is my new view.  Yes, I'm skipping several hours of torture.  I think I have a shot of Luke's first plane ride on the other camera, which I'll have to share later.  


This is Luke fresh out of 4 hours in the carrier, zonked out on the worlds largest bed.  See how small the pillows look?  This thing is huge.  


Overall view of the room.


So, when I got here, I was sweaty and exhausted and not feeling great.  I put the baby down and I lay down and waited for the room to stop spinning.  Once I was semi human again, the view looked like this.  I literally gasped.


Maybe I'm easily amused, but this is just gorgeous to me.  

So, Paul should be arriving about 2 o'clock in the morning.  Then at 10 a.m. we go to the bank to change USD into RMB again.  And at 3 p.m. we leave to meet Katie!  Please pray for Paul and I to get a good night's rest.  I want to wake up and not feel icky any more.  


2 comments:

  1. Man, that bed is HUGE!!! LOL! I hope you feel better. My guess, too little sleep. Try hard to get a really good night sleep, and nap if you can. Also stay hydrated. Love the night lights of you room view. Safe travels to you as you pick up Katie, may your meeting her go very well. thanks for sharing your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the view! Praying that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete