A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blessed. Greatly Blessed.

I thought at one point that I was going to do an amazing post about packing for China, and went so far as to start it, and then fizzled out somewhere along the way and never finished.

Fortunately, I've haven't been fizzling out in other areas, and we're actually getting quite a bit crossed off the last minute to do list.

In fact, I'm finally, with 5 days to spare, packed for China.


Only... once you're packed is probably NOT the best time to remember that your suitcase was totally thrashed when you got home from China last time.  See, I don't travel all that much.  The last time I went somewhere was my bonsai trip to Nebraska in 2011, and I used a smaller suitcase then.  So I really had forgotten that the wheel assembly on the Big Suitcase in my old, decrepit set was broken.  Until I got it totally full and tried to pull it.  

Today, I needed to run out for some last minute essentials, and I needed to take Samuel for a sports physical.  (That is due 6/10.  That I found out about YESTERDAY, 6/5.  Eye roll.)  I stopped at Kohl's to check out their luggage, but I wasn't impressed with the quality for the price.  


However, when we made our Target run, I found a name I recognized at a price I could handle, so a pair of lovely purple suitcases followed me home (the big one and the carry on).  

After we got home, I proceeded to unpack the old suitcases and repack in the new ones, and I've got the big one just under 50#.  Sweet success.  

Such a feat required a little siesta to recover from (or maybe it was being out all morning with Samuel and Brianna who bicker for sport).  When I awoke, I discovered that a lovely friend had stopped by the house and left this on our porch:  


Flowers and Gymboree boxes!  


Cute gifts for the little ones.  We really are getting so close I can almost taste it.  And I'm getting to the point where Katie and Luke aren't going to be able to share the 4 drawer dresser much longer.  :)  A nice problem, to be sure.  Of course, I do have more than one season in there, so it's not totally excessive, but each baby has 2 drawers, and they're getting rather full.  


Another friend sent me a special package this week in the mail.  A carrier, and some winter things for Katie to grow into.  I think if the blue & white Paris shirt was short sleeved, it would fit Hannah.  Cute stuff!  I really am greatly blessed.



Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  We've slipped to #42. Click to help bump us back up a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment