A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Waiting Mama Gift Exchange

Oh, I'm so blessed!  You knew that already, right?  Hence the blog title and all.  But today, I got a package, and it was just so touching.

See...  When we first found out about Katie (May of 2012) she was still a tiny little thing.  I couldn't resist buying her a thing or two, of course.  But by the time her file was completed (November 2012), she'd grown, and plotting her growth, I started to realize that she was not going to be as little as I had thought.

So when a Gift Exchange opportunity popped up with other adopting families on Facebook, I jumped at the chance, thinking that if I got matched with someone who was bringing home a little bitty girl, I could bless them with something that we weren't going to be able to use.  Win-win, right?

That's just what happened!  We got matched with a family waiting for a bitty girl, so passed on these:


It's a sweet little ruffled, organic velour sweat suit and a little panda backpack.  (You've seen the larger, matching backpacks that I got for Katie and Luke?  Well, the panda was one I'd picked up before Paul said yes to a Luke.)  

The box I got today from another waiting mama:  


Okay, seriously?  Are these me, or what?  Matching bunnies?  Squeal!  They're so cute, and when you pull their tail, they zoom forward.  The other kids all want to play with them.  


And, not one, but TWO pairs of PJs for each of the babies.  They're going to be so adorable in them!  Can't wait to hold my little ones.  Thank you, M. for the lovely gift!  I have the bunnies on my desk by my computer monitor, and they make me smile.  


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Have you clicked for us today?  Thanks a bunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment