A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Retail Therapy

Paul recognized the wild look in my eyes that comes from staying home with the children for too long and let me have a little time out recently.

As usual, when I put my shoes on and ran a rake through my hair, Brianna appeared and wanted to go with me.  
Anywhere.  
Wherever there were no crying toddlers.  
I caved, of course, and let her come with me, but I'm not sure Toys R Us is the best place to go if you're trying to escape crying toddlers.  

When Zach was little, he used to call it "Toys Fer Us!"  Man, I miss him.

I actually had the foresight to write down Katie and Luke's weights before leaving the house, so I was able to pick up some 'sposies.  I'm planning to take some disposable diapers with me to China, in case we don't have time to shop before receiving the first of the children.  We'll use cloth diapers when we're at home.  I had fun adding some cloth diapering items to our Amazon Wish List the other day, to keep track of for later.  

After wandering about in the diaper aisles, I turned my thoughts to travel, and picked up a few little things.  I've always loved "matchy" things.  While Katie and Luke aren't going to be twins, they would qualify as Irish twins (less than 1 year apart), and wanting to minimize fighting, I purchased two of the same thing in different colors.  Balls, bubbles, and toothbrushes, so far.  


Sunscreen and bug spray were on sale, so I also bought those.  Last time we were in Guangzhou, I got horribly bit up when we walked through the pet market.  I picked up some Burt's Bees natural insect repellent to hopefully avoid that this time around.

We have an end date for our hosting.  It's over a week away.  After the little ones go back to their parents, I am looking forward to pulling out all the tucked away treasures I've bought over the last 8 months of waiting and deciding what to pack for the trip.  I really hope that the sizes I've guessed for the children are close enough to work!  
  

Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Thank you for clicking for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment