A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

I had half a blog post typed out on the iPad yesterday, but I lost it.  It was going to be about retail therapy, but when I sat down this morning to reconstruct it, this is what came out instead.  


This was originally going to be "Katie's Dresser."  


Right now, the top drawer is full of Gogo's clothes.  
Hey, they're in the drawer.  Folding is for people with 2 kids.  Don't judge.


Second drawer is full of Miss No's clothes.  I left some of Katie's things in here for Miss No to use, since they're close in size.  

The upshot of hosting is that I've realized that unconventional solutions work just fine for kid clothes storage.  (Which, one would think that I'd have learned by now, given that one of my sons keeps all his clothes in a huge rubbermaid bin under his bed.)


Big Sis's PJs are in the bottom cube, her shirts & dresses are in the upper purple cube, and her pants are on the little shelf.  The green cube is random baby stuff:  Stink Sacks, the baby headrest pieces from the double stroller, extra wipes, etc.  


As you can see, our host kids are still here.  Open hands, open hands, open hands.


Miss No is really liking our collection of board books.  So much so, in fact, that she will lay down with a book and chatter herself to sleep instead of always needing an episode of Blue's Clues on the iPad every nap and bed time.  I have to admit, I'm going to miss this blonde mop of curls peeking over the crib rail to wake me up.  Even though she can be a stubborn as a brick sometimes.  ;)  

Funny anecdote:  So last night, I have the 3 amigos in the tub, and I'm sitting on my sewing room chair about 5 feet away from the bathtub, checking email on my iPad.  I hear one of the girls say, "Ew, nassee."  I think to myself, "Odd, usually the only time I hear them say nasty is during an icky diaper change."  Then it hits me.  Crap.  I get up and look, and Miss No hands me a turd.  Awesome.  You know you're a mom when?  

Big Sis is having a hard time.  The last few days have been rough.  She's decided that she's not going to cooperate with me, and you can imagine how well that goes over with me.  Please pray for her.  I feel sorry for her because there's so much she just doesn't understand.  But that doesn't make it any less frustrating to try to communicate with her.  

The babies have a playdate (respite care) tomorrow morning.  I'm going to try to cram as much group schoolwork with Brianna, Eli, and Jack into those couple hours as I possibly can.  Even though what I really, REALLY want is a couple hours alone in my room to go through Katie and Luke's stuff that got packed away before the babies arrived so that I can start packing for China.  I know it's 2 months away, but I want to make sure we have everything we need, and packing their stuff is something I can do now while we wait for our paperwork to finish winding it's way through the labyrinth of immigration and approvals from 2 governments.  


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Spare a click?  Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I had a little chuckle at your expense! I laugh only because it's happened with all my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete