A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Somewhere Between


It's coming out on DVD soon!  

Paul and I had a chance to go see this while my carpool kid from Zach's days at BCS was home from college for the holidays.  He babysat the clan for us while we went out on the town.

The movie highlights 4 teens adopted from China, being raised in various parts of the US.  One of the girls found her birth family on a return trip to China, which, of course was fascinating to watch.  I think we will see more birth family reunions as Chinese adoptees come of age.

It was also neat to watch some of the opportunities the girls had.  They talked to adoptive parents in Spain, fellow adoptees in England, and adoptees from Korea who do not support international adoption.  

Paul and I both enjoyed the movie, and it was thought provoking and discussion inspiring.  It made me miss China!  We went for Chinese food after the movie and had plenty to talk about.  I would suggest that all parents with internationally and/or transracially adopted kids see it.  





Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Thanks for clicking for us!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment