A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, January 7, 2013

I guess it's back to the grindstone

The thing about homeschooling is, you're always learning, even when it's not a school day.


Over Christmas break, we've been learning how to care for turtles, 
thanks to Sheldon, one of Annaliese's Christmas gifts.
(Isn't he the cutest thing??  I'm smitten.)


And we added to our collection of Wedgits this Christmas.
When Zulily had them on sale, I couldn't resist.  I picked up a pair of Building Boards and a purple starter kit to go with the primary ones we already had.


Brianna discovered a way to make structures that stick together.
Math skills, right?  Problem solving?  

I had high hopes of things I wanted to accomplish while we were "on break."  
But we didn't.
And that's okay, too, I guess.
The kids had fun playing together, and that's what counts.  

I leave you with this poem I was thinking of last night as I contemplated the return to homeschool today:  

I will not yell in class.
I will not throw things.
I will not get mad.
I will always be good
Because I am the teacher ...
I am the teacher ...
I am the teacher.
                                   --Author Unknown





Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

4 comments:

  1. Oh dang - we love wedgits - can't believe I missed them on zulily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look into the wedgits, the kids like building and creating. We got some brik-a-bloks on zulily one time, ths kids love them. We were supposed to be having a school day today, but the kids at church are still out and Shelby was asked to spend the night, so tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem!! Might need to print that for my schoolroom! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poem. I may have to adopt that for my motto, as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete