A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up - homeschool week 15


Still in France, the kids set out to build Eiffel Towers out of craft picks.  


This turned out to be easier said than done.


Brianna made crepes this week, yum!  I forgot to get a picture, darn!


There were a lot of breaks during construction "to let the glue dry."  
Actually, I don't think Jack's ever got past these V shapes, now that I think about it, lol.


Not impressed with the art projects any more.


That reminds me, I totally forgot to get a picture of the soap craft we did.


Suffice it to say we have lovely shaped soaps made with the scraps from our Innuit carvings and cut with our rather impressive cookie/play doh cutter collection.


The soap turned out better than the towers did.


Meanwhile Sparkle and Fluffy made towers of their own with Wedgits.


They left on Friday.  The two weeks they were here were good practice for me.  It's been SIX YEARS since I've had a 2 year old in the house.  I may be re-thinking my plan for school next year, lol.  We didn't get a whole lot done trying to do things this way.  



We are enjoying this week's read aloud, George Muller.  And we're looking forward to having the week off for Thanksgiving!  After discovering that Hannah is off all week, and the big kids only have school Monday and Tuesday, I decided we'll wait and start Germany the week after Thanksgiving.  We'll have light school Monday and Tuesday and maybe work on making some Christmas presents Wednesday and Friday.  Or perhaps trimming the tree.  






Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
 
Thanks for voting for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment