A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Weekly Wrap up - Homeschool week 6

We finished week 6, our final week of Mexico!


Not nearly as many pictures this week, although I did catch the kids playing "Om Nom" (that's what they call the game Cut The Rope that I have on my ipad.  It was pretty cute.


Jack doing math is not nearly as cute most days.  


Zachary's birthday was this week.  The kids made him cards.
He's back in the Middle East.
I miss him.


Lots of missionary biographies this year.
Bri had a big milestone this week:  Her first paid babysitting gig at the church!  
She loved it.  Looks like she'll get to do it again, too.  


I'm brushing up on my equivalent fractions.
Jack's not a strong reader, so just looking at the explanation on the computer isn't going to work for him.  


Eli was playing with the world puzzle blocks.


Each of the kids pointing to a country they would like to visit.  
Jack doesn't seem very adventurous, lol.


I'm very lucky.  I'll actually get to go to mine next year.


I love this picture.  I caught it at Sam's football game as the 2 older kids were going to help Jack find his football.  I love the way the setting sun outlines them.  


Grammy came for a visit, and we took her to Sam's first home game.


Football found!  This was actually a catch shot.


And there's Grammy.  We took the kids to the zoo Saturday.


Sam (#31) dislocated his finger, yowch!


This week we had our first craft failures.


I've been pretty impressed with the crafts, activities, and experiments in MFW so far.


But as you can see...


The craft flowers were not a hit.


I made a sample flower over the weekend, and it came out huge, so I had the kids make theirs smaller, and, well, 


There were some frustrations.


And some trimming.  Which wasn't in the instructions, but oh well.  


The flowers weren't the only flop.  


Remember last week's pinata that we started?
It popped.


So I went with Plan B, which was a total cheater pinata made from a paper bag.  


Now we're off to learn all about CANADA!
Looking forward to finding out more about our neighbors to the north.


Along with math, spelling, and handwriting, of course.  ;)  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate to ask, but, please, please take a minute to click the box below.

Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs
Your click on this box may help drive more traffic to my blog.  Which means more people who will see our Fundraisers Page and may make a purchase.  You can click once a day.  Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linking up with Growing Home  
Growing Home

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great week! I'm so glad that other people have craft failures too. :) I love the pinata idea! I made need to try that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete