A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hannah's first day of kindergarten


Last year, Sam was the one who put Hannah on the bus most mornings while I was getting the teens off to school.  This year will be different.


School print skirt I finished yesterday (nothing like the last minute to motivate me).


Last year's backpack is still in good shape and could go another round, but she had to have a full sized pack for kindergarten.  I miss the little preschool sized Hello Kitty backpack; it's the one we filled with toys and distractions for the flight home from China.


But she can get the big one on all by herself, so that's good.  


I'd say she's pretty proud of herself, too.


After the required doorstep first day of school picture, we were off!  Hannah rolled in style, thanks to a wagon given to us by another China mama.  


Smooch!
Is it me, or is she little compared to her classmates?


We went in, found name tags, put backpacks away.


The teacher had us stamp a heart inside our child's palm,


Then the kids sat on the carpet squares, blew us kisses, and the parents left.

First kid, or eighth kid, leaving on the first day of kindergarten is hard.

But I had Brianna to console me.

Actually, she took some of these pictures.

So she sat in the wagon and I pulled her home for my new exercise routine.  

Just a few short hours later, it was time to walk back.


We got there a little early and Bri chose to have a seat while we waited for the door to open.


Finally, they started coming out.  
There's my girl!
Um, why is she plugging her nose??


They have to be released one kid at a time, and Hannah was #10, in the middle of the pack.  

On the way home, she told me they had crackers and apple juice for snack, they read a story, and they sang a song, but she can only sing it at school, and um, that's it.

Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment