A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Z is for Zachary

My boy.


Proving you're never too old or too big to sit on Mommy's lap.  


My firstborn.


The child who made me a Mom.


The one I made the most mistakes with.


Who turned out great, despite me, not because of me.


Big brother several times over.


The kids miss him.


I miss him.


I will always be grateful that I got to be his mommy.


I've learned so much from him and because of him.


My life will always be richer because he's been a part of it.


Now he's on the other side of the world.


Being a grown up.


Being an Airman.


Even though my heart still sees him like this.


He's obviously not.


I miss you, Zach Zach.  And I'm so very proud of you.  


4 comments:

  1. Sweet post. Your son seems like a very fine young man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, you've gone and brought tears to these eyes! My 2 oldest are leaving for the military soon. I don't look forward to their departure, but do look forward to their new lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a nice post. Made me teary! Handsome young man you have there. Great way to finish off the challenge. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful. I have a Zach too..he is my youngest. So proud of your boy for serving. What a precious tribute to him. Just lovely. You are a good mom!

    ReplyDelete