A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Father

In my Bible reading, I'm in the last book of the Penatuch.  (Which only sounds impressive if you don't know that's the first 5 books of the Bible.)  I was listening to it on my ipad while I was making dinner the other night and found myself thinking, "Yeesh, he's repeating himself!"  I wondered if Ol' Mo' was starting to get a little senile there at the end.  Then a child ran through the kitchen and I found myself hollering to the feet flashing by, "Shut the DOOR!"  Something I've said hundreds, if not thousands of times in my parenting career.  And it hit me.  We're like that.  God was repeating himself on purpose.  Because even though He said it over and over again, we still get it wrong.  Humbling thought.

3 comments:

  1. That is humbling. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah what great timing. God totally planned that :) humbling indeed. I wish I wasnt in need of the thousand reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how true!! and reading the Bible is so eye opening in how many times we have been instructed on the ways of God...and we still don't get it, and still question and still don't believe...

    ReplyDelete