A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, April 23, 2012

T is for Thankful

We have so much to be thankful for!  Today I'm thankful that Paul picked up the kids' pictures for me so that I wouldn't have to go to the mall.


I'm also thankful for a great couponing trip this morning.  I needed dishwasher detergent, so I stopped at the store on the way home from dropping A & J off at school.  I had my coupon binder and my weekly ad, and I got:

2 packages of dishwasher tabs (on sale, 2/$7, plus used 2 coupons)
2 deoderants (on sale, 2/$3, plus used $1 coupon)
2 bottles laundry detergent (B1G1F, plus coupon)
2 big bottles fish oil capsules (B1G1F, plus coupon)

I had $5.50 in receipt cash, and I had $5.42 left on a FREE gift card I got from MyPoints.

Receipt says, You saved $41.19.  I spent under $20 bucks.

```````````````````````````````````````

I'm thankful for my family, of course.  But you knew that, I write about them all the time.

I'm thankful that Zach calls home almost every week.  It's good to hear his voice.  Makes it seem like he's not so far away after all.

I'm thankful for a huge breakthrough we had with one of the kids last week.  :)

I'm thankful for the chance to educate my kids as I see fit, and the opportunity to try something different next year.  I'm actually pretty excited about that.  AND I just found out Hannah is going to have PM kindergarten next year, so she'll be able to do the first couple subjects of the day with us at home.  Should be interesting!  I'm planning to have her go through the cutest K handwriting book EVER.  And possibly some math, both of which we already have, woo hoo!  Hopefully, that will make transitioning from school to homeschool the following year for first grade a little easier, since she'll be familiar with the routine.

I'm super thankful that Brianna is on a baking kick!  YUM.  She's been making these cookies out of an American Girl book, and they're so good.  We've taken to dipping them in melted chocolate chips, too.  Purrrr!

I'm thankful for my friends.  It's so great to have people in my life who understand the non-mainstream choices we've made in so many areas.

I'm thankful for the internet.  Although the "facebook culture" is decried by some, there are people I've reconnected with that I might never have without being online.  I love my "friends in the box" as Paul calls them.  Even ones I haven't met IRL yet.

I'm also incredibly thankful to see the nice weather starting.  Not thrilled to have run the a/c once already, but delighted to be able to wear shorts and feel the sunshine.  I guess it's time to coupon up some sunscreen so we don't feel it too much!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful family! I love couponing too. I love saving more than you spend. :-) I'm popping in from A-Z. It's so nice to find blogger of faith and family-oriented writing. I have a Zach too...he's 25. I write about my family too, on my blog Adventures in the Ballpark (last name is Ball.) Come visit me (just click my name.) You have a new follower.

    ReplyDelete