A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Pictures

Part of my latest picture project, excuse the lousy cell picture.
I'm slowly filling up wall space in the new house with all of my favorite people.


I love pictures. More specifically, I love pictures of my kids.


I took all my babies to the portrait studio once a month for their first YEAR.
Now most of them have portraits done once a year.
Some of them also have annual sports pictures.


Sometimes they actually get tired of me taking pictures of them.


Below, Eli signs, "STOP"


While portraits are a wonderful annual keepsake of the ages and stages, there's something to be said for candid shots, too.


I have a simple point & shoot camera that I usually carry in my purse.


But Paul got a nice DSLR camera for our trip to China a couple years ago, and I've decided I like playing with it. He's not so crazy about the idea, but he indulges me from time to time.


I'm not a great photographer, but I have fun with it.  I like to capture the fleeting everyday moments of life.  5 years from now, I won't remember the nice bus driver's name, but I'll look at this picture and remember how much he adored Hannah.


I look at this picture and hear my mom singing, "You're gonna miss this....!"
Because I know the next few years are going to go by in a blink.


My manly man out conquering the trees with his chainsaw.

Bri's K teacher really pegged it when she said Brianna was "vibrant."


Hmm, I wonder where Hannah is?


Oh!  She's in the tub!
Can you believe how long her hair is getting?

P is for Pictures, and Pictures are Priceless.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pictures! and what a beautiful family you have:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take more pictures!

    Enjoyed your post--and the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics!!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete