A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

M is for Mandarin, sort of

M is also for Manly, Mother, and Miscellaneous.

Originally, I was going to write about Mandarin. The challenge of keeping Hannah exposed to her first language when we don't know anyone who speaks it.

Lango Mandarin preschool
April 2010


I was going to write about her mandarin DVDs and mandarin preschool and Chinese summer camp as a prelude to starting Chinese Saturday school in the fall.


Then I was watching Paul Manhandle his woodworking Masterpiece into place and teased him that maybe M should be for Manly. After 18 years of Marriage, I could probably come up with some material there.


I'm SO excited to have this bookcase and unpack the last few
school room boxes!

 But his Mother (and her sister) happened to come for a visit yesterday.


This was her first time seeing the new house, and her first time Meeting Hannah.


 And My Mother is here for a visit today.  We took the kids to the children's Museum.


It turns out M is for Miscellaneous around here. All the Meaningful people, the Matters of importance, the Menagerie of ideas.

1 comment: