A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for the Least of these

Matthew 25:40The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"

I have a passion for orphans.

I'd bring home a dozen if my family would let me, but then our house would end up being little more than another orphanage.


But you don't have to adopt (or adopt again) to help the Least of these.


This Easter, my kids got advocacy t-shirts as their Easter gift.


From 3 different websites,


I found something that would work for each of them.  At the same time, donating to organizations that are making a difference for kids I'll never see.


The Wild Olive Tees






So Loved


dragon shirt was perfect for Eli


Who even has his own dragon to go with it.  


And the fact that the front says Fear Not, well, as you can see, he's pretty fearless.


When we were adopting Hannah, we applied for a grant from Show Hope.


Even though our family was not chosen to receive one, I've heard of enough other families getting grants to know that they're a huge blessing to the families they assist.


Josiah did not want to model for me. 


At all.


In fact, he took his shirt OFF so I would stop taking pictures of him.  Hmm.  Counter productive.


My shirt is a fundraiser shirt through Adoption Bug for a family adopting with our agency.
other adoption shirts available here:
adoptionbug.com



Brianna, Furby and Annaliese all got shirts from:  Ordinary Hero
Annaliese is rocking hers on the way out the door to softball practice.  It says Heart For Africa.
My dream is to take her on a humanitarian aid trip for graduation.
We were looking at possibilities all over the globe, and she chose Tanzania.


Hannah's shirt is from Wild Olive.


While I was taking her picture, she asked me, "Mama, what does this says?"


It says BELOVED, baby girl.  Mommy and Daddy love you so much.


And this amazing little firecracker girl


Who took her first steps EVER less than a year ago and now goes bounding down the sidewalk yelling, "I'm a airplane!"


is the one who inspires my passion for orphans.


She has so much curiosity about the world around her.


Such a sweet temperment


Such a hilarious sense of humor


And so much potential as a part of a family.


Oops.  I cheated.  I got myself two shirts.
This one is also from Wild Olive, and the part Josiah cut off, lol, says Love Others.


Have you thought about how you can help the Least of these today?
If t-shirts are not your thing, do you drink coffee?

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing. You are amazingly blessed, from one middle aged orphan who wished she'd been adopted into a good family!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing individuals the children are. Love the photos. Give them a secret hug from me.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing family. Thank you for blessing others.


    Lee
    A Few Words
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this idea!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete