A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another picture project

Here are my supplies for my latest picture project.



I'm starting to wonder if this will go down as Year of the Pictures. 2011 was Year of the Surgeries, with 3 different kids having 3 different surgeries, and the accompanying dozens of medical appointments that went with them. 2010 was the Year of the Adoption, which the kids will remember as the "not this year" year. I have at least one more big picture project planned, and I'm kicking around another idea after that.



This chaos shows my pile of envelopes of pictures. This is what happens when you have over 100 picture appointments/school picture days in a span of 2 decades. You can also see in the background that I'm multi-tasking. I have YouVersion going on the iPad. I made it through Numbers 14 today.



These envelopes are full of leftover portraits. They used to live in a bookcase in the old house, but they moved to the scrapbooking drawers in the move.



One hanging file for each child, and one marked "family." All the 8x10" photos go in the hanging file, and all the smaller photos go inside the purple file folder inside the hanging file.



Old family pictures. Where did the time go? Look at those cute little kids!



From sibling pictures to sports pictures.



Pictures from Ballet and Girl Scout Camp.



The pictures I sorted represented the progression from generic babyhood, through the formative preschool years, as you start to see the varied personalities emerge. Nostalgia and pride welled within me as strolled down memory lane.

Now that I have all these sorted, I could put the 8x10s into the kids' baby albums. And I might get to that at some point. But I'm pretty darn happy just to have them all sorted. Now the next time one of the kids needs a baby picture for something, I'll know right where to find one.



And when it was all over I had a whole trash can full of envelopes! It's Hannah's job to empty the wastebaskets into the main kitchen trash every day after naps, and I was expecting her to go "drama queen" on me and complain about how full it was this time, but she's quite a trooper, and did just fine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment